This is a Lead Java developer role for the Investment Bank’s Global Credit Risk Reporting system (CRIS). CRIS is a Oracle data ware house with a Java front end and support bank’s regulartoy reporting function.
- Candidate will be working on strategic regulatory projects in Investment banking Credit Risk reporting domain and expected to take full ownership of assignments and provide front to back solutions.
- Under the guidance of a Development Manager, candidate will work directly with Project Managers, Business Analysts and external IT and business teams to perform technical analysis of the existing system, implement change requests and new features
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, following stringent rules and procedures for testing and promoting code in compliance with company change control processes. Candidate is expected to perform design and code review and ensure high code quality from team following agreed upon standards
- The candidate would be expected to closely work with vendor teams to drive the quality of our delivery by providing technical guidance, using process standardization and best practices.
- Candidate is expected to gain overall knowledge about the system and participate in conducting technical and application knowledge sharing sessions and work towards promoting open communication and brainstorming of ideas
- Candidate is expected to drive innovation and work with developers on continuous improvement and refactoring of legacy code
- Team is splited in multiple location – Bangalore, Singapore and London and this role is expected to work in close collaboration with global teams.
This position requires
- Java / J2EE developer with 6-8 years experience
- Strong front end web development experience using HTML5 and AngularJs
- Experience of leading a team of atleast 4-6 developers
- Experience with common Java frameworks e.g. Spring, Struts
- Experience in test driven development with solid knowledge of Junit and mocking frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of current best practices in Java and web development
- Demonstrable experience of good OO design and programming
- Minimum of 2 -3 years experience of application servers esp. Oracle WebLogic
- Experience on any RDBMS (Oracle preferred)
- Experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- A solid understanding of standard change control policies and procedures and experience working in an IT environment with rigorous change control procedures
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills and good ability to present and influence approach, design and implementations.
Nice to Have
- Any Credit Risk domain experience gained working within an IT department
- Experience on working with high data volumes and batch processing systems
- Experience of Agile working practices – Scrum / Kanban