As job offers go, this one sounds too good to be true: spend two months lying / Sleeping in bed, and get paid €16,000 (£13,700) that is equal to 11,00,000 INR for the privilege.
To study the effects of micro gravity the Researchers at France’s Institute for Space Medicine and Physiology seeking volunteers to do just that – and help them. This study is to reproduce the weightlessness of the International Space Station (ISS),” Dr Arnaud Beck, coordinating physician of the study, told 20 Minutes.
- The job seekers will have to spend three months on the study, which will have three phases.
- The first two weeks will have a series of examinations and measurements and after that, the next 60 days will proceed with the volunteers just bedridden.
- The last two weeks will then be spent in rehabilitation and physical recovery. This is being done to study the effects of prolonged bed rest.
However, the job may seem simple, but there are tough parts and stringent rules.
- The major rule is that the volunteer has to remain completely bed ridden with the head tilted downwards by around six degrees.
- The volunteer should also keep at least one shoulder in contact with the bed.
- Participants would have to spend 60 days eating, sleeping, washing, and almost every daily routine, while staying permanently lying down. Lastly, rules for entry are as follows.
- Job seekers should be male, non smokers, aged between 20 and 45, must have perfect health, should regularly practice sports, have absolutely no allergies and must have a BMI between 22 and 27.