Software Deployment is one of the most important activity in the software development cycle. Software Deployment is combinations of all activities that make a Software System available for the End Use.
A Software deployment is the process of moving software (broadly defined) through various preproduction stages to final production. Typically, each stage represents a step of higher criticality, such as quality assurance to production.
Deployment Automation Tools help organizations improve the speed and quality of software releases, and address the challenges of manual software deployment.
Therefore, “deployment” should be interpreted as a general process that has to be customized according to specific requirements or characteristics.
Software Deployment Activities:
- Install and activate
- Built-in update
- Version tracking
For Proper Deployment, Project needs a good deployment tool. So below we have compiled publicly available sources from around the world that present views on Deployment Automation Tools.
List of Software Deployment Tools
- Octopus Deploy
- XL Deploy by XebiaLabs
- Elastic Box
Let us see some of the important features of above tools
Works with your build server to enable reliable, secure, automated releases of ASP.NET applications.
Octopus Deploy makes it easy to automate deployment of ASP.NET web applications and Windows Services to test, staging and production environments.
- Built for .NET developers
- Octopus is a deployment automation server
- Deploy on-premises or to the cloud, securely
- Approvals and manual intervention
- Enable self-service deployments
- Installs in minutes, no consultants needed
- Environment-specific configuration, like connection strings
Price: Starts from $ 700.00 USD
Website: Click Here
XL Deploy by XebiaLabs
Automates your application deployments so releases can occur in a repeatable, standard and efficient way.
Enterprise-scale Application Release Automation for any environment
- Model-based, highly scalable approach
- Visual status dashboards
- Deployment analytics and reports
- Enterprise security and centralized audit capabilities
- Agentless architecture
- Easy to adopt, easy to use
- Reliable deployments for global enterprises
- Automated Rollback
- Jenkins plugin to automate deployments to all environments
Price: Need to Contact them
Job Scheduler and Runbook Automation
- Share Standard Operating Procedures (Runbook Automation)
- Job Scheduler
- Incident Response
- Automated Deployment After a Build
- Self-Service Test Environments
- Data Processing Jobs in the Cloud
A remote server automation and deployment tool written in Ruby.
Capistrano is an open source tool for running scripts on multiple servers; its main use is deploying web applications.
Capistrano is written in the Ruby language and is distributed using the RubyGems distribution channel. It is an outgrowth of the Ruby on Rails web application framework, but it is also used to deploy web applications written using other languages, for example, PHP.
- Utility and framework for executing commands in parallel on multiple remote machines, via SSH.
- Reliably deploy web application to any number of machines simultaneously, in sequence or as a rolling set
- To automate audits of any number of machines (checking login logs, enumerating uptimes, and/or applying security patches)
- To script arbitrary workflows over SSH
- To automate common tasks in software teams.
- To drive infrastructure provisioning tools such as chef-solo, Ansible or similar.
Systems administrators, site reliability engineers and developers configure and manage modern data center infrastructure, applications and code.
The most intelligent, powerful and flexible open source software for remote execution, configuration automation, cloud control and event-driven orchestration
Has two Versions of tools, one is SALT OPEN SOURCE and another SALTSTACK ENTERPRISE
- Scalable, asyncronous data center command and control
- The most scalable, flexible and intelligent configuration management
- Salt Cloud Control : Provision, control and configure cloud infra
- The only systems management platform to run in either agent or agentless mode
- Salt Event-Driven Orchestration : The only systems management platform with built-in intelligence for secure, scalable and efficient IT operations
Price: Free(SALT OSS) & Paid(Saltstack Enterprise)
Ansible lets you deploy multi-tier applications reliably and consistently, all from one common framework. You can configure needed services as well as push application artifacts from one common system.
Ansible is Simple IT Automation. Ansible is the simplest way to automate apps and IT infrastructure. Application Deployment + Configuration Management + Continuous Delivery.
- Ansible is Opensource
- Run simple tasks on any host or group of hosts in your inventory with Tower’s remote command execution.
- Manage and track your entire Inventory
- Comprehensive REST API and tower CLI Tool
Price: Free Trial
Orchestrates and automates the deployment of applications, middleware configurations and database changes into development, test and production environments.
In IBM UrbanCode Deploy, deployable items are combined into logical groupings called components. Components are deployed by component processes, which consist of user-configured steps, many taken from integrations with third-party tools called plug-ins. Multi-component deployments are handled by user-assembled applications.
IBM® UrbanCode Deploy helps you meet the challenge by providing tools that improve deployment speeds while simultaneously improving their reliability. The release automation tools in IBM UrbanCode Deploy provide complete visibility into n-tiered deployments, enabling you to model processes that orchestrate complex deployments across every environment and approval gate. The drag-and-drop design tools decrease design-time by making it easy to visualize the end-to-end deployment process and develop the big picture.
Juju is an open source application modelling tool. Deploy, configure, scale and operate your software on public and private clouds.
- JAAS is Juju as a Service, managed by Canonical, the makers of Ubuntu.
- Kubernetes the easy way
- Hadoop Processing
- Openstack Base
- Provides dashboard, compute, network, block storage, object storage, identity and image services.
- Juju actions enable your team to upgrade, pause and resume, snapshot and restore your nodes.
- Validate your clusters to the core Kubernetes specification.
- Scale the Kubernetes master and worker nodes independently.
- Real-time cluster analysis via built-in monitoring and logging capabilities.
Price: Free $0
Website: Click Here
The other important tools include
- Elastic Box
Know an online resource which could be relevant for this page? We’re constantly updating our wiki and will be happy to review it!