SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
Industry: Computer Software
Occupational Category: Software Developers, Application
Salary: As Per Company Norms
Description: The ASR group at IDC is looking for Linux kernel engineers with prior experience in developing file system or storage drivers to join the team that is working on DR & backup solutions using public cloud. You will be part of an agile group of people with strong Linux kernel and storage expertise with a proven track record of delivering products for onprem and cloud over the years.
- Work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of disaster recovery solutions for servers running on VMware/HyperV as well as public cloud.
- You would deal with tera bytes of data and milli-second latencies each day. You would get to participate in all phases of product development cycle i.e., product definition, design, through implementation, debugging and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields of study.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a software engineer
- A genuine passion for file systems and storage technologies Excellent C/C++ coding skills
- Experience writing kernel filter drivers or kernel-level code, as well as user land applications.
- Need to understand File system, Volume managers and block drivers Understand Linux boot sequence and device layer interactions.
- A solid understanding of data structures
- A strong commitment to developing for testability and reliability
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills Solid understanding of operating systems including experience with performance evaluation.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills Outstanding written and verbal communication, including an understanding of how to write a Design Document for Engineering and for QA.
- Ability to work in a team environment with members of varying skill levels.
- Highly motivated.
- Learns quickly.
If interested in this position, please Apply through the link given below
Date Posted: 2017-04-2